OXID eSales is currently investigating together with its community whether to integrate Zend Framework into OXID eShop. This page provides an overview of the discussion and development status.
To better understand the technical consequences of using Zend Framework in OXID eShop. Therefore OXID has developed a spike solution. This is so to say a 'public' experiment. The source code is accessible through SVN for everyone.
What's a spike solution?
In short: Quick try out to test feasibility. It's not meant to be production code!
See http://www.extremeprogramming.org/rules/spike.html for more information.
You can update the working copy of our spike solution from SVN: http://svn.oxid-esales.com/branches/ZendFrameworkSpike_2009
Please tell us in the dev-general mailing list what you think of this and also if you have any ideas or suggestions.
- Erik Kort, Head of Development, OXID eSales: Shall OXID use the Zend Framework in the OXID eShop?
- PHP Magazin: OXID und das Zend Framework (German)
- Peter Rother: Spike-Solution des OXID eShops + Zend Framework verfügbar (German)
Developer mailing list
- OXID forum: Shall we use Zend Framework in eShop?
- OXID forum: Soll das Zend Framework in den Shop implementiert werden? (German)
- Zend Framework Forum: Meldung: „Zend Framework and OXID eShop“ (German)
Preliminary Report October, 12th 2009
We have finished our first round of evaluation of Zend Framework (ZF). As we expected, we have gotten some insights and also some more questions have arisen. Here is our summary of what we found: